I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year! I spent the holiday ringing the new year at the wedding of two close friends. It was an amazing night and I’m so lucky that I was able to celebrate their marriage with them. I also got to see lots of great friends, which made it even better.
I have a limited number of days in Wisconsin before I go back to France, and I’m planning to spend it hanging out with my sister and wedding dress/bridesmaid dress shopping with my best friend…and of course packing. So tonight my mom and I made a quick and easy meal of pasta with mixed bell peppers.
Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
Saute the garlic and crushed red pepper in the olive oil over medium heat. Once it’s fragrant – about a minute – add the sliced bell peppers.
Lower the heat to medium-low and cook the pepper for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally – cover the pan for this step to keep in moisture. After the 10 minutes, add the basil and continue cooking for about 5 more minutes or until the peppers are soft.
Toss the peppers with the pasta and serve with grated cheese.
6 bell peppers (red, orange and yellow combination), sliced
1/3 cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 pound rotini pasta
Grated pecorino romano or parmesan cheese for serving
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet and add the garlic and crushed red pepper.
- Saute for about 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the pepper slices to the skillet and reduce heat to medium-low.
- After 15 minutes, add the basil and continue to cook the peppers until soft - about 5 more minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the peppers and oil with the pasta and serve with grated cheese.
Don't forget to follow me on Facebook or Pinterest to keep up with my latest recipes and posts!
January 3, 2013
This entry was posted in 30 Minutes or Less, Mains, Pasta and tagged italian, pasta, spicy. Bookmark the permalink.