I love having chickpeas in a salad. It makes any salad more filling and seemingly more healthy. I made this Mediterranean chickpea salad as an alternative to my corn & chickpea fiesta salad, which was one of my first first blog recipes. Ever since, I had been planning on making another version of it, and this is it. It’s simple, refreshing and so easy to make.
I made when we were on our houseboat in Amsterdam (minus the oregano but it was still fantastic) and I brought it to Julia’s to eat before a game a few weeks ago. And now, I’ve made it again for you. It makes a lot of salad so feel free to cut the recipe in half if you only want a few servings, and you can increase the amount of olives if you like them – Marc isn’t a big fan so I usually keep the olives to a minimum for his sake.
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the dressing to the salad bowl, and stir to combine.
- Allow salad to sit for at least 10 minutes in the refri gerator for the flavors to come together.
- Serve cold.