Summer is right around the corner and that means tomatoes are going to be back in season. Before we left France, the tomatoes were delicious looking so I made a big batch of bruschetta and then made some bruschetta chicken with it for dinner. It was full of flavor and completely refreshing – absolutely perfect for the spring and summer seasons when you want something light to eat.
I made the original recipe for Simple Tomato Basil Bruschetta a while back for a big event – a library fundraiser. The original recipe was for a crowd of about 50 and I just recently added a smaller version of the recipe to the original post. You could easily make the whole back and use half for the Bruschetta Chicken and the other half for bruschetta on crostini.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 recipe Simple Tomato Basil Bruschetta
- Prepare bruschetta according to recipe directions – refrigerate until ready to use.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high, heat olive oil.
- Add chicken breasts and sauté until juices run clear – about 4 to 5 minutes per side depending on thickness.
- Once chicken is cooked, top with a large serving of bruschetta.